Now THIS is a ham—sweet and smoky, with just enough clove and ginger flavor to let you know you're in for a holiday treat. —Sharon Tipton, Winter Garden, Florida
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 fully cooked semi-boneless ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whole cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Combine the mustard,
- brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; rub over surface of ham. Insert a
- clove in each diamond.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to
- 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Cover
- loosely with foil if ham browns too quickly. Discard cloves. Let
- stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked ham equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.