- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in raisins. Combine dry ingredients;
- add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and
- salt. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir until
- smooth. Stir in butter and vanilla. Remove from the heat; cool
- slightly. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes;
- top with nuts if desired. Yield: 14 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.