Speedy Lemon Bread
"Lemonade concentrate makes this bread quick, because there aren't any lemons to squeeze," says Gren Mains, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. "I spread slices with cream cheese," she adds.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil and 3 tablespoons lemonade
- concentrate. Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; add to egg
- mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350°
- for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Drizzle remaining lemonade concentrate over top of
- hot bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 182 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.