Speedy Homemade Salsa
“I love Mexican food and this refreshing salsa is easy to prepare,” notes Sarah Berger from Minneapolis, Minnesota. “I think it tastes even better than the store-bought variety.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- chunky. Transfer to a small bowl. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.