Speedy Cinnamon Rolls
On special occasions when we were growing up, my mother would make as many as four batches of these delicious cinnamon rolls to satisfy the appetites of her eight ravenous children. Today this recipe is still a hit.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 6-in. rectangle;
- brush with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon;
- sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long
- side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place, cut side down, in two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup cream over each pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.