Speedy Chili Mac
This dish is a staple in our house on busy nights. Everything I need is handy in the pantry, plus everyone gobbles it up. I don't have to worry about any fussy eaters because no one complains.Shirley Burmeister, Glendale, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Stir in
- onion. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender; drain.
- In another saucepan, combine the chili and soup; heat through. Stir
- in macaroni and 3/4 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 384 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.