- to creamed mixture and mix well. With lightly floured hands, press
- onto a 7-1/2-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Bake at
- 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges and bottom are lightly
- browned. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir 2 tablespoons of hot
- filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 30
- minutes without stirring. Pour over crust. Top with strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 2
- tablespoons coconut until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream on
- medium speed until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread over strawberries. Toast remaining coconut;
- sprinkle over topping. Garnish with mint and berries if desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 573 calories, 40 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.