Spectacular Shrimp Salad Main Dish
A few years back, I was asked to bring a salad to a potluck. I didn't want to bring an ordinary dish, so I created this recipe. Everyone was pleased with the light vinegar-and-oil dressing.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 pound frozen medium cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Slice cucumber in quarters lengthwise; cut into thin pieces and place
- in a bowl. Add the shrimp, beans and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and
- lemon-pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill for at least 1
- hour. Serve over lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 332 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.