Special Salmon Steaks
AFTER our children were married and gone, I prepared this entree often for my husband and me, especially on our anniversary. It was one of our favorites.
We found that one of the nicest ways to enjoy each other's company was to have a great meal together.
-Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon or halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place salmon in a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with
- butter and lemon juice. Combine onion, parsley, garlic salt and
- lemon-pepper; sprinkle over salmon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.