Special Request Casserole
This has been a family favorite for years, and I made it often when my two children were growing up. The kids are now grown and away from home, but whenever they visit, they always put in a special request for this delicious cheesy dish.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 30 saltine crackers
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crumble crackers into a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the
- remaining ingredients; pour over crackers. Cover and chill for 8
- hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered,
- at 325° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 315 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.