Special Radicchio-Spinach Salad
Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful salad combines mint, chipotle pepper and honey to create a refreshing sweet-spicy flavor combination. Roxanne Chan of Albany, California shares the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 head radicchio, torn
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a
- small saucepan, combine the lime juice, oil, honey, chipotle pepper
- and salt. Cook and stir until blended and heated through.
- Immediately pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium,