"This refreshing beverage is a little different from your run-of-the-mill lemonade," writes Erin Schneider, St. Peters, Missouri. "The recipe comes from a charming tearoom in a historic home that my mother and I enjoy visiting."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 2 medium lemons
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chilled club soda
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Additional sugar, optional
- Remove ends from lemons and discard. Remove lemon peel with a knife;
- set aside. Quarter lemons; squeeze juice into a bowl. Remove and
- discard white membrane.
- Place the peel and pulp in a blender; cover and process until
- coarsely chopped. Add peel mixture and sugar to lemon juice; mix
- well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk. Strain lemon mixture; add club soda and food coloring
- if desired. Serve immediately in sugar-rimmed glasses if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.