- minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; mash and set
- Add wine to the onion mixture; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth,
- Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 3-5 minutes or
- until golden brown, turning once. Spread each slice with Brie and
- mashed garlic; sprinkle with prosciutto.
- Discard bay leaf from soup; ladle 1 cup each into nine ovenproof
- bowls. Top with one slice of toast; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place bowls on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 396 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,348 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.