Special Citrus Salad
An easy tangy dressing makes this salad taste as impressive as it looks.Janice Ubaldi, Petaluma, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons French or Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried tarragon
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Drain juice from oranges into a small bowl; set oranges aside. To the
- juice, add the parsley, salad dressing, basil, lemon juice, brown
- sugar, pepper and tarragon; mix well. Line individual salad plates
- with lettuce if desired; arrange oranges, grapefruit, cucumber,
- onion and tomato on lettuce. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.