No time to bake cookies from scratch? Create a tasty treat in little more than half an hour by doctoring butter-flavored crackers with vanilla chips and mint candies.Kathleen Felton, Fairfax, Iowa
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint Andes baking chips or 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, chopped
- 48 butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- In a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip crackers in
- melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined
- baking sheet. Chill for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over
- crackers; sprinkle with candy. Chill for 5 minutes or until set.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.