Sparkling Ginger Iced Tea
Our home economists created a pleasant gingerroot syrup for a refreshing, fizzy beverage.
10 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 bottles (1 liter each) club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, water and ginger to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; add
- mint. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Strain syrup; pour into a large pitcher. Stir in club soda. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 155 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.