My aunt gave me this recipe more than 20 years ago. The thing we like most about it is that there isn't an overabundance of sauce, so the fabulous flavor of pork can shine through.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cut the ribs into serving-size pieces; place with meat side down in a
- shallow roasting pan. Cover with foil; bake at 450° for 45
- minutes. Drain; turn ribs.
- Combine marmalade, water, soy sauce and seasonings; spoon over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour longer or until tender, basting occasionally
- with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (16 ounces) equals 704 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,387 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 44 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon