These sandwiches will score high with everyone. The tender pulled barbecued pork has a pleasant hint of lemon that you don't expect.Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sandwich buns, split
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain; return ribs to pan. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade
- concentrate, water, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour
- two-thirds of the sauce over ribs; set remaining sauce aside. Cover
- and cook over medium heat for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender
- and sauce is thickened.
- When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. In a large
- saucepan, whisk cornstarch and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded pork; heat
- through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 357 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium,