Spanish Corn with Fish Sticks
This tasty casserole is a family favorite and is my old standby for social functions. It's easy to assemble and economical, too.
-Roberta Nelson, Portland, Oregon
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, partially thawed
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fish sticks
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until
- tender. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and sugar until blended. Add
- tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or heated
- through, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; arrange fish sticks over the
- top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until fish sticks are heated through.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium,