Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This pasta recipe, sparked by jarred red peppers, is an excellent company dish. Guests won’t believe how easy it is until they try making it—which they will!Diane Lombardo, New Castle, PA
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food
- processor, combine the peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually
- add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; serve with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup sauce with 1 cup spaghetti and 1 tablespoon cheese equals 504 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.