- Meanwhile, place bread and milk in a large bowl; let stand for 5
- minutes. Add the bread crumbs, egg, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Crumble the ground beef, veal and pork over mixture; mix well. Shape
- into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil until a thermometer reads
- 160°. Add to sauce. In the same skillet, cook sausage over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir into sauce. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with
- spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.