Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce
A handful of ingredients is all you need for this must-try main dish. "I often make it when time is short," explains Linda Evancoe-Coble of Leola, Pennsylvania. "Add store-bought rolls and a bagged salad and...presto...you have a satisfying meal."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) ready-to-serve reduced-fat New England clam chowder
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes until slightly
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup spaghetti with 1/2 cup sauce equals 342 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as