Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices
Here’s an easy recipe that’s best prepared in the microwave versus a conventional oven. A colorful blend of spices livens up the delicate strands of
squash.Lillian Julow, Gainesville, FL
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (4 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side
- down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for
- 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the
- cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper sauce. When squash is cool enough
- to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Toss with butter mixture
- and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.