Spaghetti Squash Supreme
I often use the empty squash shells as serving dishes for this unique side dish. The bacon complements the squash and Swiss cheese combination nicely. It's attractive and fun to eat!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large spaghetti squash (3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place one squash half
- cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high
- for 8 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork, turning once.
- Repeat with second squash half. When cool enough to handle, scoop
- out squash, separating strands with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the drippings. Stir
- in squash and bacon; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in
- cheese just until blended. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 263 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.