With spaghetti sauce, noodles and Italian seasonings, this soup tastes like spaghetti! It's so easy, even our preteen daughter can make it by herself.
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian flat beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3-1/2 cups cooked macaroni
- Grated Parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the
- sausage, onion and garlic; drain. Add broth, spaghetti sauce,
- carrots, beans, water, Italian seasoning and basil; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Just before
- serving, add the macaroni and heat through. Garnish with cheese if
- desired. Yield: 12-14 servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 335 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.