"No one can believe you don't cook the spaghetti before adding it to this family-pleasing fare," comments Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "I love to make it for company to show them how easy it is."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until spaghetti
- is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.