“Being a full-time mother as well as helping my husband on our ranch, I’m always looking for simple meals for the slow cooker. My family really likes this hearty main dish.” Colleen Faber — Buffalo, Montana
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place
- in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce,
- soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 each equals 245 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer