Slow-cooking allows the flavors in this recipe to blend beautifully. Over the past few years, it's become our traditional Super Bowl Sunday meal.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add
- onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.