Southwestern Seasoning Mix
I like to experiment with spice and this is one of my creations. There are so many different way to put it to use.Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
192 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients. Store in a an airtight container. Use as a
- seasoning for cooked vegetables, grilled meats or chip dips. Yield:
- 1 cup.
Editor's Note: For use as a dip, combine 1 tablespoon mix with 1 cup sour cream and salt to taste. Chill for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 teaspoon) equals 2 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.