"My saucy sea scallops are popular at dinner parties-plus, they're in my repertoire of easy weekday meals. The seasoning gives the sweet shellfish a pleasant kick." —Maggie Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Rub seasoning mixture over
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cook scallops for 2 minutes on each side or until opaque and golden
- brown. Remove from the skillet; keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in
- remaining butter until melted. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3 scallops with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.