Southwestern Sauteed Corn
“My mother-in-law came up with this dish one night for dinner. Everyone who tries it absolutely loves it!” Chandy Ward - Aumsville, Oregon
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed or 3-1/3 cups fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute corn in butter until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add the tomato, lime juice, salt and
- cumin. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Remove
- from the heat; stir in cilantro. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.