Southwestern Pork Roast
I saw this recipe in our local newspaper and thought it sounded delicious. I tried it, and it's now a favorite. It has just the right amount of zip.Jennell Sommers, Alexandria, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- Combine the first six ingredients; rub over the roast. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a
- shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to
- 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 174 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.