Southwestern Fish Tacos
These tacos, native to Southern California, are a real treat. This recipe has been on my family's most requested list for years.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock, or orange roughy fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage, chopped tomatoes, lime juice or salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2
- teaspoons taco seasoning; set aside. In another bowl, combine the
- lemon juice and remaining taco seasoning. Add fish; toss to coat. In
- a small skillet, cook fish over medium-high heat in oil about 6
- minutes. (Fish will break apart as it cooks.) Fill taco shells with
- fish mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Serve with sour
- cream mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream, fat-free mayonnaise and without additional toppings) equals 340 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,