Southwestern Egg Casserole
The more time I spend in the kitchen, the happier I am! These baked eggs with a true Southwestern flavor are perfect to serve when entertaining overnight guests.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt;
- stir into eggs (batter will be lumpy). Add cheeses, butter and
- chiles. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 330 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.