Southwestern Corn Chip Salad
You get an explosion of Southwestern flavor in every bite of this deliciously different salad. It's a favorite for kids of all ages since it mixes beans and cheese, tasty vegetables and crisp corn chips.
Jerri Moror, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups corn chips
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Ranch or salad dressing of your choice
Use Hidden Valley® Ranch with snacks, salads, main dishes and more for a crowd-pleasing taste!
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a serving bowl or platter, toss together the chips, lettuce,
- cheese, beans, tomato, salad dressing, onions and chilies. Top with
- avocado. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 259 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.