Southwestern Chicken Pizza
Our family loves Mexican food and pizza, so I combined the two. It's easy to cook the pepper and onion in the microwave. Salsa, prepared chicken and other convenience items hurry along the rest of the recipe. The final result is fantastic!
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, green pepper and water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender; drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet, stretching gently to
- form a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with salsa. Top with
- chicken and onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic powder and
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and
- cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 slices.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 511 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,427 mg sodium,