Southwestern Cheese Dip
To take the edge off the kids' (and our!) hunger, this dip can be whipped up in no time. It's great with vegetable or chips.Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- Place cheeses in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Top with bacon,
- onions and chilies. Microwave at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until
- cheese is melted, stirring every minute. Serve with vegetables or
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 126 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.