Southwest Turkey Soup
Ground turkey and a handful of other ingredients are all that’s required for this satisfying soup that’s nicely spiced with salsa, green chilies and chili powder. “It’s perfect on busy weeknights in the winter.”
—Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain.
- Add the beans, broth, corn, salsa, chilies and chili powder. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow
- flavors to blend. Serve with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6
- servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional ingredients) 381 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,163 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 24 g protein.