Make tonight fish night, and this festive recipe with a little zip will guarantee the night’s anything but boring! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce,
- tomatoes, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 226 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,