Southwest-Style Cod for Two
Make tonight fish night, and this festive recipe with a little zip will guarantee the night’s anything but boring! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 cod fillet (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato,
- olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 225 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.