I was born and raised on a farm and still live on one with my husband and kids. We build up hearty appetites, and this Mexican-style dish always pleases.Becky Paxton, Afton, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, rice, water,
- green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese. Cover and
- let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts:e a double batch of Southwest Skillet and freeze half. Thaw,