Southwest Skillet Dish
My family and friends love this variation of plain fried potatoes because they add some "zing" to our breakfast. And for even more Southwestern flair, we top ours with my homemade salsa.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 cups thinly sliced peeled uncooked potatoes
- 6 slices fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a 10-in. cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry
- potatoes until lightly browned and tender. Add ham and cook until
- heated through. Sprinkle with chiles and cheese. Remove from the
- heat and cover until the cheese is melted. Serve in the skillet. Top
- with salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.