There are two kinds of meat in this satisfying meat-lovers pizza topped with lots of cheese. The sauce is made up of salsa and the barbecue sauce from the pork, which results in a great smoky-salsa flavor.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Unroll crust onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; flatten dough
- and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or
- until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and pork. Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with onion, olives and cheese. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 311 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.