Southwest Hummus Dip
Not your ordinary hummus, this dip is a combination of two things I love, chick peas and Southwest flavor. You can substitute 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed, for the grilled corn.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
- tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a food processor,
- combine the beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Transfer to a
- small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut corn from cob. Add the corn, red peppers and tomatoes to bean
- mixture; mix well. Serve with pita chips or vegetables. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables) equals 68 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223 mg sodium,