Southwest Grilled Chicken
“Lime juice and a splash of pepper sauce lend refreshing zest to this flavorful take on grilled chicken. It's so easy, you'll make it often.” —Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients;
- add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 166 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.