Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad
It's hard to believe that this delightful mayonnaise-based chicken salad with cashews and turkey bacon only contains 3 g saturated fat and less than 100 mg cholesterol per serving! Sally Sibthorpe - Shelby Township, MI
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-3/4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 1-3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add mayonnaise mixture;
- toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.