Southwest Chicken and Rice
“With brown rice, whole grains, tomatoes and corn, this super-fast meal is such a tasty way to get your family to eat more fiber…they won't even realize it's good for them!”
Penny Hawkins - Mebane, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve Santa Fe whole grain rice medley
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips, cut into chunks
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat rice according to package directions. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe
- dish, combine chicken and tomatoes; stir in rice. Cover and
- microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 1
- minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 340 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,292 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.