Southwest Black Bean Pasta
Denise Ramey from Francesville, Indiana created this recipe by combining some of her favorite flavors and textures. Serve warmed tortilla chips on the side of this robust, crunchy pasta dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Western salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in
- cold water. Stir into bean mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free salad dressing) equals 254 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.