Southwest Beef Stew
Our ladies group at church has a soup and sandwich supper, and before I went to work that morning, I prepared this soup in my slow cooker. It was ready when I got home. It was such a big hit, many asked for the recipe!Anita Roberson, Williamston, North Carolina
11 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 7 hours
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, black
- beans, broth, tomatoes, garlic powder and seasoning blend. Cover and
- cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in rice; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Yield:
- 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 228 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium,