Southern Spiced Pecans
Pop these tasty pecans in your mouth...and you'll immediately want more. A mix of salty and sweet, the nuts are seasoned with cumin, cayenne, sugar and salt. They make a great hostess gift, too.
-Carol Feaver, Marion, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add cumin and cayenne; cook and stir
- for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecans, sugar and
- salt; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned,
- stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 263 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.